Digital marketing is vital for any business that wants to grow. Using digital marketing tools can help you to gain a competitive advantage, optimise the work you are doing and improve your efficiency so that you can accelerate your growth. In this blog post, we have put together 5 digital marketing tools to help you get ahead.
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a must-have digital marketing tool for any business. It allows you to review who is visiting your website and how visitors are engaging with it, and the great thing is – it is free.
Google Analytics will show you:
- Which channels are generating traffic and which are not, allowing you to see where you can improve and optimise.
- The channels generating conversions.
- The demographics of your visitors such as age, gender and location, and also their interests.
- Which pages on your website are most and least popular.
- Which blog posts are engaging your visitors, and more!
Using Google Analytics can allow you to gain valuable insights, so that you or your team, can review your marketing activity and make adjustments to help improve your success.
Hootsuite is a social media management tool. The tool can help you to manage your business’s social media accounts efficiently. You can schedule social media posts in advance to save you time, track mentions, monitor trends, check the analytics to see what is working and what is not and respond to inbox messages, all in one place.
Hootsuite offers various plans (professional, team, business and enterprise). The lowest, professional, is £39 a month (as of 21st of October 2022) and it allows you to have 1 user and attach 10 social media accounts. The accounts can include LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and Instagram. There is a free Hootsuite account, but it has its limitations; one being that you can attach only 2 social media accounts.
SEMRush is an extremely powerful digital marketing tool. It allows you to gain marketing insights, undertake competitive analysis, and increase your website’s online visibility. It is predominantly seen as an SEO tool, however it has an incredible amount of features and allows you to:
- Review the traffic of your competitors’ websites, including discovering what digital channels they are using.
- Undertake keyword research for your website and blog posts, and track the rankings of specific keywords on Google.
- View keywords that are sending traffic to competitors’ websites, as well as view their backlinks.
- Improve your content marketing and SEO through optimising blog posts and pages.
- Review competitors Google pay-per-click ads.
- Schedule social media posts, analyse their performance and track competitors’ pages, and more.
SEMRush offers various plans (Pro, Guru and Business). The pro plan costs £107.65 per month if you pay on a monthly basis (as of 21st of October 2022), and £89.70 per month if you sign up to an annual plan.
Hotjar is a fantastic digital marketing tool that allows you to get some insight into how visitors are behaving when they visit your website. The digital tool allows you to:
- View heatmaps to see what page elements are being clicked on, what is being ignored and how far down a page visitors are going.
- View recordings so that you can see how visitors browse through your website, including which pages they visit and where they may be struggling.
- Obtain feedback through surveys.
Hotjar have several plans (free, plus, business and scale). Paid plans start at £28.10 a month (as of 21st of October 2022).
The fifth digital marketing tool that we recommend is Canva. If you don’t have a graphic designer or anyone in your team who has graphic design experience, Canva is an easy-to-use platform in which you can create beautiful designs. The tool offers many ready-made templates including social media graphics, videos, leaflets, infographics, e-books and mor
There is a free plan. If you sign up for a pro plan, however, you will be able to save your brand assets, such as your logo and company colours to make it more efficient for your team. The pro plan also allows you to use more images and graphics for free. The price for a pro plan for 1 person is £99.99 for the year, but there is also the option of £129.90 for a team.
Check out these digital marketing tools today and see what you think.